Vista version of Flash player won't install

cowgirl66 10:19 01 Jul 07

Hi everyone,

I've tried over and over to get Flash Player to work but i'm not having any success. I am told by Adobe that I currently have version 9.0.45 installed and yet websites which require me to have Flash player say I need to install it.

I have tried to install the beta version for Vista as recommended by Skidzy in a thread in the Helproom forum to somebody (can't remember who) but was told by Adobe that the install failed.

Has anyone else had this problem? And found the solution?

Regards cowgirl66

anskyber 11:33 01 Jul 07

Did you try uninstalling Flashplayer first using the Adobe uninstaller not add/remove?

cowgirl66 15:39 01 Jul 07

Many thanks to you!

I did the removal using the Adobe uninstall and it found the odd Flash file in my Windows folder. It was probably this which was preventing a proper install. Plus the fact that I read the instructions more carefully this time around and shu the I.E.7 browser window before going ahead! WHAT a mutt.

Cheers cowgirl66

cowgirl66 15:41 01 Jul 07

P.S If it wasn't for the Uninstall tool I would never have been able to remove Flash I don't think. I couldn't find it in Add/Remove nor in Add-ons. I even tried the "Start/Search" box in Start menu but that didn't find the Flash files either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac