Vista Upgrade

minatoar 18:26 10 Jan 07

Purchased my Advent 9317 from PC World 27/12/06
Techguys directed me to: Upgrade Redemption Website, where I tried to apply for the upgrade.
Went all through the procedure but failed!
I am certain that I am inputting my coa correctly (from label on rear of pc)
However I keep getting this message:
"We're sorry but we are unable to validate your COA Number"
Have emailed Microsoft and have a read receipt, but no reply as yet.
Has anyone succeeded?

frankie 20:49 11 Jan 07

getting that myself t......s trying since end nov guess there just not up to it

ed-0 21:05 11 Jan 07

Will not recognise the COA number, but says to continue with registration and they will e-mail, er not.

Also will not recognise a variety of credit cards. May try with debit card or wire transfer.

PC world compaq running media center, with a free upgrade to vista home premium, or so they say!!

The 12th Man 10:30 13 Jan 07

Hi Guys. The reason it is not validating your COA is because the website will not have that functionality until January 31st. In the meantime, I believe you can leave you detials and get an email reminder when the upgrade is available. I hope this helps.

PCWORLD_GUY 05:42 19 Jan 07

Hey there i'm PCWordGuy, guess what im going to tell you about all our good deals and our sh8t that we try to palm off, when its wise to spend your money and when it isn't.
The info on this page is pretty much all correct, yes we are giving away free vista premium upgrades on laptops and desktops over £399, but i must warn you, this is only 32 -bit edition upgrade edition though, this does mean that if you want all the raw prcessing power to come from our more expensive range, laptops and desktops with AMD64's & Intel Core 2 Duo's, you are going to have to go and buy it seperatly, but it's still a free upgrade to so what the hay! In the past you would have had to pay for this software, for instance look at Win98 to XP.

The free upgrade copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit from now until March 31st for all computers costing £399 or more!

To register for your free vista upgrade you will need to have you proof of purchase document to hand and visit the following website, follow the instructions and all should be fine.

Vista Upgrade Website: click here

Website occassionally goes down due to server problems, so don't get stressed! Keep Calm!

If you have any more questions just let me know
Okie Dokie
PcWorldGuy

frankie 22:31 20 Jan 07

Will still not recognise the COA number def putting in right 14 digit one on bottom of machine so wassup now

ed-0 11:00 23 Jan 07

Been to the click here website and it has accepted my order.

twelve pound somthing to be taken off by credit card, when it is about to be shipped.

Kate B 12:39 23 Jan 07

Please see my response on this thread: unlike you, I'm not going to post the same thing in different threads
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…