vista update problem

conrail 21:54 PM 09 Sep 11

recently I have had to reinstall vista home premium 64bit and updated to sp3, I had set automatic updates but started to get the error message "updates were not configured correctly. reverting changes. do not switch your computer off", when I was asked to restart the pc I changed from automatic updates to selecting which updates to install, but I still get the message when I am asked to restart my pc. because the updates are not being installed correctly when I am notified there are updates waiting to be installed there are always well over 100 each time. all help and advice greatly appreciated,

smokingbeagle 14:02 PM 10 Sep 11

smokingbeagle 14:15 PM 10 Sep 11

Try MS Fixit.

If that doesn't work, I recall reading (don't remember where) that allowing Vista to download a few updates after installing SP1 and then installing SP2 cures this problem.

onthelimit1 18:22 PM 10 Sep 11

I've had three Vista PCs with this problem to fix. In each case, the owner had downloaded a Rapport Trusteer software from their bank. This appears to interfere with the update process. After the software had been removed, updates install normally.

peter9873 03:17 AM 27 Sep 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know