vista update problem

conrail 09 Sep 11

recently I have had to reinstall vista home premium 64bit and updated to sp3, I had set automatic updates but started to get the error message "updates were not configured correctly. reverting changes. do not switch your computer off", when I was asked to restart the pc I changed from automatic updates to selecting which updates to install, but I still get the message when I am asked to restart my pc. because the updates are not being installed correctly when I am notified there are updates waiting to be installed there are always well over 100 each time. all help and advice greatly appreciated,

smokingbeagle 10 Sep 11

SP3?

smokingbeagle 10 Sep 11

Try MS Fixit.

http://www.intowindows.com/windows-update-error/

If that doesn't work, I recall reading (don't remember where) that allowing Vista to download a few updates after installing SP1 and then installing SP2 cures this problem.

onthelimit1 10 Sep 11

I've had three Vista PCs with this problem to fix. In each case, the owner had downloaded a Rapport Trusteer software from their bank. This appears to interfere with the update process. After the software had been removed, updates install normally.

peter9873 27 Sep 11

amazing

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message