Vista TV Tuner problem?

lecram 23:34 PM 16 Sep 09

Hello all

My computer recently started coming up with a message suggesting that a Media Smart TV program had stopped working. I then tried updating an optional windows update relating to a DBCOMM Tv Tuner. My laptop does not have a Tuner card but I thought this might help. The update fails to install upon each attempt.Ever since I then my computer is struggling to recognise my USB modem and also hangs when I either restart it or attmept to shut it down. I have had to reboot from safe mode to force the computer to recognise my USB modem (or any external hardware).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Woolwell 16:19 PM 17 Sep 09

Do you have a system restore point before trying the optional update. If so revert back to that.

ajm 03:49 AM 18 Sep 09

I recently came across this problem on a client's HP Laptop. I cant rememeber if a soluton was given by Microsoft Error Reporting, but it directed me to a HP site where there was a unpdated software to resolve this issue. After downloading the update, all was well.

ajm 03:50 AM 18 Sep 09
  lecram 06:43 AM 21 Sep 09

Unfortunately that didn't resolve my problem. My problem is actually the appearence of a "DiBcom based TV Tuner device" each time I plug my modem into the USB port.

As a result I cannot connect to the internet and am unable to shut or restart my computer. I have to hold the power button down to turn my PC off. I have followed a few steps which I found on the web in attempting to uninstall the driver from device manager, but have been unsuccessful as of yet.

I think it may have to do with an installed windows update but don't know which one. I would prefer fixing this error without reverting to a restore point if I can.

Cheers!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites