vista -system configuration utility

wams 11 Feb 12
Answered

Hi all,

I have a Dell inspiron and my desktop has been running incredibly slow, so i started messing around with system configuration and i unchecked the boxes in some programes in the startup tab. I also unchecked some boxes in the services tab.

I restarted system as prompted. The system restarts showing the Dell logo sign then windows starts to load then says "3 out of 3 updates 0% complete. do not turn off the computer" the loading icon just turns and turns, then it shuts down and repeats itself starting from Dell logo to loading windows "3 out of 3 updates 0% complete. do not turn off computer". The whole process just repeats itself over and over again.

Ive tried to press F11 to run system restore but it does not run. Is there another way to run system restore without pressing F11? What are my options?

Wams

difarn 12 Feb 12

This seems to be a problem with Vista following updates.

Have a look at this article which gives several solutions to the same problem.

wams 12 Feb 12
Answer

Thanks Difarn I will give it ago.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message