vista and spybot :compatible?

emsi 14:28 04 Nov 07

I have a new pc that runs on vista, so I already have defender. However I wanted to download spybot search and destroy too as I understand it's better to have 2 softwares to catch all bugs..
My first Q. is : is Spybot compatible with vista
2nd Q: is Spybot search and destroy the same as Spyware bot? I used to have Spybot S&D on my old pc and it was very good and completely free., but I cannot find it now to download from the net: every time I do a search I find Spyware bot and when I downloaded this one it wouldn't destroy the 39(!!!) parasites it found, unless I registered and paid $9.95 or more! Can anyone help clear this confusing matter? many thanks. emsi

rdave13 15:21 04 Nov 07

Spybot s&d works fine on Vista. Just remember to right click icon and run as administrator otherwise it won't immunize. Home link;click here

Suggest you download the lates beta from here; click here as it's cured a few niggles.

LANDCRUISER 23:38 24 Nov 07

for later

tullie 08:01 25 Nov 07

Spybot s&d is easily found with a google search,dont go near spyware bot.

anskyber 08:16 25 Nov 07

Superantispyware is also free and excellent for monthly scans of your PC. click here

Cant.think.of.a.username 18:32 26 Nov 07

Spyware terminator also good comes with realtime shield

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…