Vista SP1 disaster more like virus sp1

iguana 20:35 03 Jun 08

updated my vista HP today with SP1 - aahh! User account not too badly affected but unable to access internet. other accounts just disaster everything from waiting cursor not blinking to unable to access programmes and ghoting when i try.And tray icons missing, I am currnetly on a trusty Pentium 3 running DS linux. Guess its a compltete format and reinstall but would be gratefiull of any commentss.Do I go for sp1 on rerun and what went wrong? Tks aand sorry for poor spelling screen is rather small! Am running kaspersky 7 av if that affected anything?
have moved this from general helproom sorry about that

sinbads 20:46 03 Jun 08
  iguana 20:58 03 Jun 08

Am trying this now so hopefully will be ok, will let you know hwen its finished. Am using vista cd mehtod, seems to sound most reliable! Tks

chub_tor 21:07 03 Jun 08

Were you offered SP1 as an update or did you download it from the Microsoft Website? Perhaps you had some drivers that were not Vista compatible. Did you read this before installing SP1 click here

iguana 21:15 03 Jun 08

seems fine tks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…