VISTA sound-recording ...

charliestumpy 13:33 27 Mar 07

I know that there was such a topic earlier, but it has been 'frozen'.

MS VISTA RECORDING SECRET NOW REVEALED!

click here

has info to go into Control Panel – Select Sound thing – Select Recording, and even if says ‘none’, Right-click on background of tab window-thing – select Show Disabled Device(s), then Right-click on Wave Out Mix ans select Enable …

RECORD into e.g. Audacity/CDEX etc/edit ….

or

(January 2007 - On my laptop VISTA in most editions only records to 96kps WMA -in some to 96kps WAV - use CDEX analogue recording by:
plugging in short 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead from headphone-speakers-line out output into line-mic to record all internet/streaming nicely into CDEX analogue in recording - which I then edit in Audacity (I have no Nero WAV editor on laptop.)

1 Plug in 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo line out/line in (with headphones output adaptor for monitoring) stereo jack - TURN VOLUME UP TO AT LEAST 50%.
2 Record using CDEX analogue in - save as WAV to .... (Documents/Received)
3 Open Audacity - Open WAV file above ...
4 Edit-normalise ...
5 Export as WAV.
6 In CDEX, convert WAV to e.g. 320 mp3.
7 This file will be in e.g. MUSIC in MP3 folder.

This is for e.g. internet streaming recording.
For external e.g. TV-radio/tape, use line in from e.g. amplifier instead of 'out/in' adaptor lead combo.

There appears to be a problem with Adobe Flash Player and Vista where web sites will not play Flash related content, even if you follow the link provided and install the player and it said that it was installed.

Navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right clicked over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and chose properties.

In properties choose the 'security' tab > Click on the 'everyone' account, and the button called 'edit' and then tick the box called 'allow full control' and also choose your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should find that YouTube and other sites that use flash now work.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…