Vista Service Pack 1 via Windows Update

Zeppelyn 23:42 22 Feb 08

Everything I have read on this to date lead me to believe that the final version would not be available via Windows Update until April. Tonight I am being promted by Windows update to download and install "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64 based Systems (KB936630) - Published 20/02/2008"

Is anyone else getting this offered this via Windows Update?

Girlfromschool 12:43 24 Feb 08

I allowed the SP1 update on 15/02/2008 and since then have had nothing but problems with constant cut out and rebooting. Tried uninstalling but it wouldn't work. Now I'm appealing for help on hese pages myself.

Forum Editor 13:40 24 Feb 08

with Microsoft's Update 937287, which is not actually SP1, but is a file that is necessary to prepare your computer for the installation of SP1 when it appears as an update option in Mid-march.

I've been running the beta version of the 32bit SP1 for a couple of months now, and haven't experienced any problems with it.

Girlfromschool 16:06 24 Feb 08

I've uninstalled the updates for 14/02/2008 but the one for 15/02/08 will >not< uninstall. would it be better to put up with it and waiting for a fix from microsoft ?

User-1159794 16:47 24 Feb 08

"I've been running the beta version of the 32bit SP1 for a couple of months now, and haven't experienced any problems with it."
Ignore him.(Forum Editor)
Wait for the new and improved sp1.
Microsoft have delayed Vista sp1 because it caused more problems than it solved.

Zeppelyn 21:00 25 Feb 08

My point was that Im being offered SP1 via Windows Update for 64 Bit Ultimate which I did'nt think was happenning yet. Surely Im not being offered Beta or RC via Windows Update?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…