in vista "screensavers can't run" except Win logo

miketroach 06:49 16 Sep 08

The only video screensaver that runs in Vista are 'Blank' & Win Logo.
All others come up with msg "Screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one compatible with direct3d"
I'm using Home Basic Vsn & Nvidia 6100 N405 card. I have uninstalled and re-installed driver withou effect & no-one has come up with answer to other with same prob.
Would really appreciate advice

tullie 19:40 20 Sep 08

Sorry,dont know the answer,but at least its something thats not needed,hope you solve your problem.

crosstrainer 20:38 20 Sep 08

I'm afraid your graphics card isn't really up to the job.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers:

click here

these are the latest and may solve your problem

miketroach 06:09 21 Sep 08

Thks Tullie & Crosstrainer for support & advice. I had downloaded latest Nvidia driver altho the moving scrnsavrs had been running for 6 months without any hiccups and stiil run WinLogo + 1 other acrolling one I wanted to use - a bit like the former windows Marquee. anyway It was good of u to respond. I'll look into upgrading the video card as u suggested if I can't run these things & see what results. Cheers M

miketroach 07:28 21 Sep 08

Decided to check Nvidia again in 'System Info' Problem devices & found "not working properly" msg so followed re-inst procedure.A fter prog checked again with MS online etc & re-start it was fine and so are screensavers.
I had had a failure in trying to download an update fed to me by windows Update so perhaps thAt's where the prob began.
Tks again to respondees/ers anyway M

Kevscar1 08:54 21 Sep 08

If you want a good sceensaver to display your photos try this one.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…