Vista Recovery Disk

rawprawn 12:42 18 May 08

click here
Anyone tried this in anger yet? or any comments.

BurrWalnut 13:00 18 May 08

I have tested it. It works in the same way as the Vista DVD, i.e. boot from the disk, choose ‘Press any key to boot from CD/DVD’ and Vista will start to load the Windows files. Select your language, time/currency and keyboard then click ‘Repair’ in the bottom left corner. Within the repair option there are five choices: Startup Repair, System Restore, Backup Restore, Memory Test and Command Prompt.

An added bonus is that the 32-bit version can be booted and run against an XP installation, e.g. chkdsk.

In Vista SP1 beta there was a program named recdisk that created a recovery disk but it failed to appear in the RTM version. The program is still in \system32 but has been made inoperative.

rawprawn 13:24 18 May 08

Thanks for the information.I have put it onto a CD as an extra fall back situation. I have a recovery partition on my laptop and made a recovery disc when it was new, but I don't want to use those if at all possible because there was a NVDIA Graphics problem when it was new and it took ages to solve.If I had to use those I assume the graphics problem would be reinstalled. I use Acronis anyway, but I just thought it would be a backstop, just in case.
Thank you rawprawn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…