Vista Premium - No fax!

Charlie Babbage 20:46 22 Jun 07

I've just discovered that you can't fax from Vista Premium, only from Vista Business or Vista Ultimate.

Ok this is not the end of the world but just an annoyance. However, I'm wondering if there's anyway to get the fax to work via a network. I have a Notebook with Windows Vista Premium. The Notebook has a fax modem. I also have a desktop with Windows XP Professional.

There's a printer attached to the desktop and I've managed to share that with the laptop. Is there anyway to get the fax modem on the laptop shared by the desktop? If so, how is that done?

mgmcc 08:28 24 Jun 07

<<< Is there anyway to get the fax modem on the laptop shared by the desktop? >>>

No, you cannot use another computer's dialup modem over the network to send fax. If your desktop PC definitely doesn't have a V.90/V.92 dialup modem (which will support fax calls) to send fax messages itself, have a look at "Snappy Fax" which is Vista compatible - click here

anskyber 10:19 24 Jun 07

Some scanners, which have their own bundled software, include fax software which may work if you have it. I assume you have the necessary hardware as mgmcc has mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…