vista premium defragment not working

Vergel 01:45 21 Aug 07

i got a new hp pavilion dv6000 and i notice icant defrag my hard disk. i try to defrag but i cant see any indication of defragmenting. any one can give me idea what its look like when defragmenting windows vista.

skidzy 06:44 21 Aug 07

Its different to xp,as you cannot actually see whats going on,for example click here

Vergel 06:50 21 Aug 07

but i leave my notebook for whole night and it still look like that. is 160 gb hd can consume 1 night for defragmentation? thanks for the time

skidzy 06:54 21 Aug 07

As its a new computer,im guessing you do not have much on it at the moment ?

I have noticed defragging is slower in Vista.

Vergel 08:31 21 Aug 07

ok now i know thanks for the time.

i use this click here

sorry posted too soon, have used the above since feb, takes minutes not hours, hdd temps dont double and it shows you what it's doing

Vergel 11:05 21 Aug 07

my friends adman 2 and skidzy thanks a lot defragmenting is going on now. i appreciated all the support you have given.

Vergel 10:53 31 Aug 07

my pc is operating in windows xp sp2. and everytime i open web page of youtube it cant open. instead "miami news" web page open. any one can help me how to correct this.

skidzy 08:12 01 Sep 07

Try updating your flashplayer click here note one for IE and one for Firefox.

Alternatively,if you think your browser has been hijacked and redirecting you to the news site,run Hijackthis click here and post the log click here you will need to register,and let the experts advise accordingly.

OR: a few apps here to help you along click here

Mike10C 08:33 01 Sep 07

Vergel, your defrag question, I have recently installed the new Ashampoo defrag which works continuously in the background and, you can see activity in the tool bar. It seems to be working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now