Vista and piracy

jz 11:17 28 Apr 08

From click here

"Chris Liddell, Microsoft's CFO, blamed the decrease year-to-year on Vista's strong sales in the first quarter of 2007, and higher-than-expected rates of Windows piracy in the first three months of 2008."

I thought that Vista was relatively immune to piracy. Has there been a recent "breakthrough" on pirating Vista?

jakimo 12:18 28 Apr 08
  tullie 16:55 28 Apr 08

I dont believe aything is immune to piracy,no matter what Microsoft say.

Forum Editor 19:03 28 Apr 08

software companies try to make their products piracy-proof, there will be people who beat the system. It has always been thus, and probably always will be.

barca1 19:18 28 Apr 08

I have found myself rolling back to XP due to issues STILL with Vista,ive given up on it

georgemac © 19:26 28 Apr 08

I have been looking at new laptops - what is putting me off - unsure if I want to move to Vista. I like XP, but I know I really should learn a bit about vista, but don't know if I can be bothered. I've worked on a few vista machines and the nag screens (are you sure?) drive me crazy

anskyber 19:32 28 Apr 08

If you do not like UAC then turn it off, or you can "unlock" the true admin account and it all stops.

sunny staines 20:46 28 Apr 08

georgemac

if you move get 2g of ram for a fast computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…