Vista not finding device

22715240 09:50 05 Jan 09

I recently had reason to reinstall the OS, etc, onto my Vista configured PC. Everything installed great until I tried to set up my Mobile PDA (HTC, XDA, Trion) via USB. Vista could not find the drivers, searched everywhere. Now when I plug the PDA in, the PC will not even see the PDA + memory card at all, looking through Device Manager also does not reveal it even as unknown device. I have possibly found Vista drivers for this PDA but without seeing the device in any form how can I get it to install them? Using another XP PC identifies the PDA straight away. Oh yes, before the reinstallation it did work to a certain degree. Any help please!!

Woolwell 15:48 05 Jan 09

Is Windows Mobile Device Centre installed and its latest drivers?

Kevscar1 20:07 05 Jan 09

Install the drivers then plug in PDA and see if it picks it up then.

22715240 20:10 05 Jan 09

Hello Woolwell. Yes I did install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 32 bit. but still no luck.

Woolwell 22:57 05 Jan 09

Have you tried with firewall turned off?

22715240 10:17 07 Jan 09

Must be getting forgetful in my old age. The firewall off did the trick. Thanks alot for all your help. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…