VISTA with no CD

Madrat 19 Nov 11

I need to re install vista home basic of a PC but don't have a disk, Is there anywhere I can download it from? I have the product key.

onthelimit1 20 Nov 11

You can't download it - you'll have to try and borrow one.

proudfoot 20 Nov 11

Is it possible to install a Factory Image disk made on another PC to a second PC/Laptop that has lost the O/S and then enter the CD key of the second PC to authorise it.

Madrat 20 Nov 11

OK thanks, I shall see if anyone has a disk.

mole44 21 Nov 11

Just a thought if you didn't get an operating system disc with your pc is it in a hidden partition. I have an advent pc and there is a partition with it on,you cn also make backup DVD's of it. Other than that try to get a copy of the operating system and use your product key to activate it.

proudfoot 21 Nov 11

It would be interesting if someone could say if they have been able to install a factory image from anothe PC on to a third party PC and then authorise it with the third party key. I realise it may be necessary to install drivers etc for the third party PC.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message