Vista and network problem

tufti 16:53 11 Apr 07

On my Vista pC when I click on the Network icon on the desktop it opens a box showing my router, my pc and my wireless laptop.
If I click on either pc or laptop it opens to show Public folders and printers folders.
I can retrieve files from the laptop easily.

The problem is when I do the same on the laptop I get a warning ding and a message saying
"\\computer name is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permisions.The specified network provider name is invalid."
If the laptop is running XP everything works as it should.
Both computers appear to be set up the same and both running Vista Premium.
Any help would be appreciated as I hate having to go back and forth between Vista and XP.

PS I may have sent this or similar before, if I have my appologies.

tufti 20:39 11 Apr 07

I ended up doing an upgrade with my express upgrade disk which kept all my files and took about an hour and a half.

After which the network problem was solved. Both computers seeing and connecting to each other, including the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…