Vista & Limewire

gippingman 22:16 10 Sep 07

I have a couple of questions as I am new to Vista

I am using Vista Premium running via laptop on pentium dual core and 1mb ram etc.

Vista seems to take 40s - 1 min to load up and shut down - is this normal. If not, any tips on how to speed up the load up and shutdown process - I have managed to reduce start up folder to minimal items but it has made little difference.

I have tried loading limewire v 4.14.8. Although it worked once, I must have since loaded something else since as now everytime it is launched, the program starts but freezes at 12% and then when doing ctrl,alt,del is not recognised as an aplication but is listed as a process. - Any advice appreciated

sinbads 20:10 12 Sep 07

40 seconds startup for vista is not too bad this depends on what programs and services that load up on startup have a brouse click here

As far as limewire is concerned it could be your firewall/ antivirus/router settings preventing limewire from running. try uninstalling and reinstalling. you may get more info from click here

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…