Vista Laptop to display on a pc monitor

Christopher-1239701 20:48 18 Feb 08

Hi, Im having trouble setting up my dads dell Vista Laptop to display on his Packard Bell external flatscreen monitor.

When I plug the connector in then the display from the laptop is duplicated onto the monitor, however it needs to be adjusted to fit the screen within the window, I cant do this by adjusting the monitor or fiddling with the settings on the laptop.

When I fiddle some more I get the monitor to display only a background image (picture) but with none of the start bar or desktop items (just a picture), if I fiddle some more this is swapped round to the laptop and the monitor shows everything correctly with a little alteration needed.

Can you provide me with a step by step procedure to get the monitor showing the laptop screen correctly, while the laptop lid is closed but still 'showing the desktop on itself'?

anskyber 22:05 18 Feb 08

You may be able to do it with your graphics card control panel.

The windows method is like this. click here. If you choose one to be the main monitor it will be the one with the start/taskbar etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced