Vista language pack installation failure

chris watton 14:00 29 Aug 07

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have just built a HTPC using a Silverstone case, Gigabyte P35c-DS3R motherboard, Intel E6750 CPU, 2GB Ram, 8800GTX, X-Fi soundcard and 2x500GB hard drives. (with a modular 650W Silverstone Decathlon PSU and sensible cooling)

Vista Ultimate installed with no problems at all, as did all of the updates – except for the Italian language pack (We are moving to Italy in a couple of weeks time – work related). I have tried on several occasions now to install this pack, but it fails everytime! Has anyone else had the same problems?

Also, I can’t seem to rate the performance of my PV any longer – I could when Vista was first installed (5.5), but it gives me no option to re-rate it now!

Are there any solutions to these ‘niggles’?

Thank you,

Chris

did you install all the language packs? i have italian on mine no problemos (sorry)
there's an update today to stop the crashes on launch (only happened once here) failing that try a start up repair.
on welcome center>> my computer>> performance>> update my score what are you getting?

chris watton 15:46 29 Aug 07

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I only want to intall the Italian language pack, I haven't downloaded and installed the others (But all other updates, even the latest for Vista are installed, with no problems.

Regarding the performance options, when I click to re-rate the PC, I always get taken to another window which says;
"Rate and improove your computer's performance
Not sure where to start? Learn how you can......
Last rating 16/08/2007 22.16.11"

And that's it - I cannot do anything else as I have no options! Odd!

Cheers,

Chris

chrisidi 10:54 24 Oct 07

HI all,

MS released today a fix for Vista Ultimate (10/23/07 KB942903) and it
solved the problem at least by me (German Pack and French), I had to
reboot even thought it is mentionned not having to.....
click here

Rgds Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…