Vista language pack installation failure

chris watton 14:00 29 Aug 07

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have just built a HTPC using a Silverstone case, Gigabyte P35c-DS3R motherboard, Intel E6750 CPU, 2GB Ram, 8800GTX, X-Fi soundcard and 2x500GB hard drives. (with a modular 650W Silverstone Decathlon PSU and sensible cooling)

Vista Ultimate installed with no problems at all, as did all of the updates – except for the Italian language pack (We are moving to Italy in a couple of weeks time – work related). I have tried on several occasions now to install this pack, but it fails everytime! Has anyone else had the same problems?

Also, I can’t seem to rate the performance of my PV any longer – I could when Vista was first installed (5.5), but it gives me no option to re-rate it now!

Are there any solutions to these ‘niggles’?

Thank you,

Chris

did you install all the language packs? i have italian on mine no problemos (sorry)
there's an update today to stop the crashes on launch (only happened once here) failing that try a start up repair.
on welcome center>> my computer>> performance>> update my score what are you getting?

chris watton 15:46 29 Aug 07

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I only want to intall the Italian language pack, I haven't downloaded and installed the others (But all other updates, even the latest for Vista are installed, with no problems.

Regarding the performance options, when I click to re-rate the PC, I always get taken to another window which says;
"Rate and improove your computer's performance
Not sure where to start? Learn how you can......
Last rating 16/08/2007 22.16.11"

And that's it - I cannot do anything else as I have no options! Odd!

Cheers,

Chris

chrisidi 10:54 24 Oct 07

HI all,

MS released today a fix for Vista Ultimate (10/23/07 KB942903) and it
solved the problem at least by me (German Pack and French), I had to
reboot even thought it is mentionned not having to.....
click here

Rgds Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac