Vista installer problems

nwarp 13:26 25 Apr 08

Some programmes use Windows Installer for installing themselves eg Adobe reader most other programmes use their own installer. The windows installer file msiexec.exe is in the Windows/system32 folder. The file is installed with Vista it does not come as a separate file and cannot be downloaded separately from Microsoft as with other OS eg XP. A pointer is required in registry so that msiexec.exe will do its job and install a programme. My registry is missing this pointer it should be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM currentcontrolset services MSIServer with the pointer IMagePath pointing to msiexec,exe. Does anyone know how I can add this pointer to the registry because MSIServer is not in this section of the registry therefore there is no IMagePath pointer and programmes dependent on the installer will not install.

anskyber 14:04 25 Apr 08

Try a Startup repair?
Start up repair Vista with the Vista DVD.
click here

Without the disc and If Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer.

click here

Then expand the section "how do I use Startup Repair?"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…