Vista Home Premium and Older Programs

Oldandrare 17 Jun 09

The OS will not allow a Full Screen window for prorams that run in Dos, unlike Windows XP.
It wil also not access the Help file for Word 97, even though it loads the program from CD.
Is there a solution to either of these problems, please?

BurrWalnut 17 Jun 09

You will not get a full screen in either Vista or Windows 7, but you can make it a little larger:

Open a CMD prompt > Right-click the bar at the top > Properties > Layout Tab > Window Size. Click the Up/Down arrows alongside Width and Height until Window Preview is the size you want. I find 120 x 50 is a convenient size for me.

I don't know about Word 97.

Oldandrare 18 Jun 09

Thanks for this, BurrWalnut. It certainly works for the CMD window, but as soon as I run the program (Mpro) it reverts to the original small size. But, you've inspired me to keep experimenting. Thanks again.

Bob The Blob 18 Jun 09

For reading old help files click here

Oldandrare 19 Jun 09

Bob, ta v much. I had started to print out all the help pages from a friend's copy of Word97 on WinXP, but this seems to be the solution. Did Microsoft do anything similar for the Dos window size problem?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message