Vista Home Premium - Aero not available

dms_05 18:19 27 Jun 08

I've an Acer 5920 laptop that comes loaded with Vista Home Premium and runs Aero with a score of 3.4.

I've replaced the Acer OEM Vista (and all their Acer e-soft)with MS Vista HP+SP1. Everything works except the graphics score is now 1.0.

I've reloaded the drivers for the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chip Family that the motherboard seems to use. Vista reports I have the latest version installed (via Windows Update).

The Vista HP version included SP1 and I've made sure the limited number of Acer drivers I've had to use are the SP1 versios.

Any idea how I can return to the correct score so I can run Aero etc?

BurrWalnut 18:52 27 Jun 08

Have you tried these to get Aero?

1. Sometimes simply going to Control Panel > Classic View > Performance Information & Tools solves the problem.
2. Right-click the Desktop > Personalize > Windows Color and Appearance > open Classic Appearance. Is Aero highlighted?
3. Right-click Computer > Properties and under Tasks select Advanced System Settings (Continue if UAC is enabled) > Advanced Tab then Settings alongside Performance. Visual Effects contains a list of Options, are they all ticked?

dms_05 21:01 27 Jun 08

BurrWalnut - many thanks - item 1 solved the problem, it showed new hardware and I had to run the reindex tool.

accord 09:10 26 Oct 08

I XPPro to VHP I could not access Aero.

Downloading the driver for my graphics card and running the Windows Experience Tool rectified the problem.

Cheers

rickf 16:58 02 Feb 09

Hi,
What is Aero that peopleare talking about? I don't see it in my Vista Home Premium anywhere.
Cheers

MCE2K5 03:29 03 Feb 09

Read this Aero Glass click here

Picture click here

Video 1 click here#

Video 2 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…