Vista Home -downloads can't access..

Sethhaniel 08:34 14 Jun 07

and don't run

If I for instance found new hardware Scanner - go to site for driver - options run or save - if I select run it goess through the download motions then nothing happens - so I select save - and it say saving to temp folder - but even with hidden folders & system files revealed the folder denies access

any hints ???

BurrWalnut 09:21 14 Jun 07

Temporarily turn off UAC.

Sethhaniel 09:43 14 Jun 07

Hi tried that .......
to no effect other than all the options at the top of explorer became unusable...
so turned it back on !!

anskyber 10:39 14 Jun 07

I found if at the point of choosing "save" I then selected a location I wanted the file could then be found and run. I had a similar experience to you prior to my selection process.

Sethhaniel 11:15 14 Jun 07

afraid there is not an option to select a location to save to........

The download start but there is no pop up window asking for a savwe in location

Brand new PC yesterday - and just went through all the registration etc.

Could it be firewall related??

TalYasis 11:26 14 Jun 07

Try Firefox which gives you easy control over downloads.

Sounds like the settings within your browser.

anskyber 11:30 14 Jun 07

Is the file in the "downloads" file under your username from the start menu?

Sethhaniel 11:33 14 Jun 07

No ....
Also if I select run.. on XP you get a box asking for confirmation yes or no - this box is not appearing on Vista - so wondering if they are actually downlaoding at all ??

TalYasis

can't get Firefox for same resons that downloads not working ;(

anskyber 11:35 14 Jun 07

Also, can I assume you are running as Administrator? "Access denied" is a frequent problem for those without the needed access rights.

Sethhaniel 11:49 14 Jun 07

Just set it up with owners account - with no password (as he is a single user) so assuming this being thedefault option is administrator

anskyber 13:07 14 Jun 07

In add/remove user accounts from control panel it will say if the account is Admin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…