Vista help

Blubottle 16:01 PM 07 May 13
Answered

Hi. I have a Dell studio 1373 laptop loaded with Vista, all I want to do is a clean install with Win 7. Have I got this right? Enter the bios setup and change the boot sequence to cd/dvd drive as first boot device to read win7 installation cd to allow clean install of win 7?. The problem I've got is changing the boot sequence, when I try to change this boot sequence it just reverts back to HD although I highlight the cd rom and put to the top of the list it still will not work, surely I must be missing something here.

Dell-Harish 11:55 AM 08 May 13

Hi Blubottle

You could use a one time boot menu by tapping F12 at the start and select CD/DVD drive instead of changing the boot sequence in the BIOS ( Ensure the windows disk is in the drive before you select the option ). Check the link below for instructions on clean installation .

http://dell.to/11iaQFA

Hope this was helpful.

Regards,

Dell-Harish K

northumbria61 21:51 PM 08 May 13

when I try to change this boot sequence it just reverts back to HD although I highlight the cd rom and put to the top of the list it still will not work, surely I must be missing something here.

Are you Saving before Exiting ?

northumbria61 21:53 PM 08 May 13
Answer

Confusing - didn't notice this is a dual post.

Blubottle 12:02 PM 09 May 13

Got sorted in the end, many thanks for everyones help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…