Vista Driver Issue

Deanium 03:15 23 Jan 08

Hey,
I've recently got myself a new computer running Vista Home Premium (Dual Core 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD). I have a full functional USB scanner (Packard Bell PB61248) which is fairly old.

I have tried to install the software both normally and in compatibility mode however to get an incompatibility message. Software asside, I downloaded the latest drivers I could find for it (XP) and attempted to instal them in device manager. The drivers were recognised and all was going well, however at the end of installing drivers I get a message saying that it has failed as there is not enough storage to complete operation. It surely cannot be a matter of Memory, or Free HDD space (as both are more than adequate for a driver).

Does anyone know how I could get around this, and install the XP drivers for it? Or even another option entirely, as I would like to be able to use my scanner. Not essential, but just nice to have.

Cheers in advance,
Dean

STREETWORK 07:22 25 Jan 08

The scanner is actually a Mustek re-branded.

Go to Mustek website and use the 1248UB USB Port Scanner drivers for vista. If this does not work search for another driver to try

click here

Deanium 15:32 25 Jan 08

Thanks for that streetwork, however the only vista drivers on the site are for the 64x, and i happen to be running 86x! Also the download files for vista 64-bit where not found! lol!

Additionally the XP drivers (software) on the site refuse to install on vista, even under compatibility mode.

Any other ideas or vista drivers for the 32-bit?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…