vista defrag

sunny staines 20:04 06 May 08

apparently vista defrags automatically when the pc is in low usage. Is there a way to turn this off as I use an optimised defrag [JKDefrag]

Bob The Blob 20:15 06 May 08

Untick 'run on a schedule' box.

peter99co 20:50 06 May 08

It will,if left alone,reduce to very sparse use and leave you with a faster hard drive because it is not fragmented. I let mine run and if I use the system it waits till I have finished and then carries on.

sunny staines 21:33 06 May 08

Bob The Blob

settings to change grey out

peter99co
might have to leave it in place option to ok is greyed out.

Bob The Blob 21:44 06 May 08
  sunny staines 20:20 07 May 08

in advanced tools via control panel was able to change settings but not turn off so set for a monthly scan when pc will be turned off.

all programs, accessories, system tools, defrag and untick the box (the only box)

or type 'dfrgui' in the run box

if that box is greyed out, i guess you're not allowed, try right click run admin from system tools in start menu. if you're believe in your security software.....
1- Click Start, and type “secpol.msc” in the search area and click Enter.
2- You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed.
3- In the left list, choose “Local Policies”, then “Security Options”
4- Set “Accounts: Administrator account status” to Enabled.
5- Set “User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account” to Disabled.
6- Now log-off, and you’ll see a new account named “Administrator” will be available, click on it to login.
you will then be allowed:)

sunny staines 15:58 08 May 08

adman thanks for the tips will try later on.

sunny staines 16:03 08 May 08

adaman2 your first option worked in system tools

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…