vista compatibility with Adobe photoshop element 4

Newuser3477 23:07 27 Dec 07

Having installed photoshop elements 4 on my new vista laptop i get the error message that this program has known compatibilty issues. The check for online solutions did not provide a correcting download and i ran the windows vista program compatibility wizard without success. Does any one know where i can download a patch for this problem?
Peter

Jake_027 03:04 28 Dec 07

click here

Hope this helps!

J B 14:29 28 Dec 07

Adobe is famous for not patching their software. The error that you are getting has to do with Adobe Update within Photoshop Elements 4. All you have to do is to run the "Compatibility Wizard" within Vista and set PE4 to run as in Windows XP SP2. When you have done that you can check for updates within PE4 and when it says no updates available, close PE4. Re-open PE4 and when you get the compatibility problem window check do not show this window again and PE4 will operate as advertised. Oh, one other thing, make sure that you have all the Adobe help files that come with Elements, they are invaluable. J.B.

Newuser3477 14:42 29 Dec 07

thanks for all comments.
Found it difficult to find compatibiliy wizard which is unknown to search box in Start menu. Have now stopped error message reappearing and will see how I get on with Photoshop 4 now

J B 17:45 29 Dec 07

To get to the "compatibility Wizard" do the following:
Click start > then click control panel > then click programs. Under "Programs and Features" you will find the following, "Use an older program with this version of Windows" Click on that and the compatibility wizard will open and just follow the prompts. Hope this helps. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos