Vista Business

Hackwatch 18:07 03 Apr 07

Anyone using Vista Business Edition?
Is it better than using XP Pro & Why?

Forum Editor 19:22 03 Apr 07

Is it better than Win XP Pro? That's a subjective judgment. I think it's faster, for one thing, and it looks better. Networking is that bit easier in my experience, and security is tighter.

On balance I would say yes, it's better, but please don't spend the money just because I say that. I live, eat, and breathe software, and Microsoft software in particular. I'm a member of the Microsoft Office International Product Planning Panel, and although I try to offer unbiased advice and opinion here, you should take note of what others say before you decide.

anskyber 19:30 03 Apr 07

In the end its what you need and want. As a home based user I was more attracted to the things on offer from Home Premium. click here

I do know that the more I use it the more I like it. It is very stable as an OS even if some of the third party drivers are still being resolved. It is however early days and only 2 months since I did the upgrade.

Coltch 08:42 04 Apr 07

I've been using Vista Ultimate since Beta 2 and the networking side of things is definately better than on my XP Pro machine.

As the FE has said it feels faster than XP.

Hackwatch 12:39 04 Apr 07

I have been given a freebie copy by Microsoft through work, but also a free upgrade when i bought a laptop for home recently.

Interested to see what people think of it.
Will probably install it on work pc first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…