Vista Blocks Azureus?

retro_hood 21:07 30 Jul 07

I had my Azureus running normaly with no firewall error at all. I restart my computer the next day and now Azureus is constantly firewalled or the port #### is being blocked. Now I have never changed my firewall settings or turned on any firewalls but I do remember getting a Vista update and I was wondering if any of the vista updates are blocking such programms as Azureus and other torrent software.

I am using Vista Home Premium.

Any help appreciated!

Kate B 23:11 30 Jul 07

More likely it's your ISP, but have you actually tried going into the Vista firewall and checking your settings?

retro_hood 23:30 30 Jul 07

Its Never on.

Kate B 00:09 31 Jul 07

You're not being clear. You say in your first post that you haven't changed any firewall settings, which I presume meant you used that firewall. Now you say it's (presumably Vista's firewall) is never on. Which is it? If you don't have a firewall switched on, then you're obviously not going to have any firewall issues with Azureus.

If you do have a firewall switched on, you'll need to forward a port to your router click here. However, there is a good chance that your ISP blocks ports that Azureus and other torrent apps use - ask them. Vista's firewall blocks by default - check its settings, it might have been turned on by the updates.

retro_hood 18:14 31 Jul 07

Ok thanks for your advice but I'm checking my router as the problem on another thread. I never had my firewall on so saying I never changed any settings doesnt mean I had it on.Just to clarify that with you.

Nevertheless I will just presume that no Vista Update will block such programs asAzureus by defualt with or without a Firewall.

Kate B 18:56 31 Jul 07

I wouldn't have thought so. Hope you get your router sorted.

keithbelson 13:38 03 Aug 07

Im guessing its a firewall problem because azureus is working fine for me on Vista. I did have to allow UP strings on my firewall though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…