Vista Basic - Backup Cover

peter99co 17:00 08 Feb 08

I have a Basic set up and can only backup Files and not the whole system.The first time Back up saves a complete copy about 10 gig. Subsequent Back-up save only files etc that have changed, about 3 gig. After a few back ups, which ones can be removed from the back up set without risking losing files in event of a restore being required.How do I take a "New Complete 10 gig backup" without deleting all and starting again? I use a Freecom 120 gig external drive.I am not ready yet to go for Image B/up (Acronis) yet but may consider if I have to. My next upgrade to Premium is imminent But this will still not cover Back up any differently than I have now.

peter99co 20:59 08 Feb 08

I have changed Backup settings and now have a New Backup Set (15gig) I can now remove old set when a next new set created.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…