vista basic--Aero

cagey 11:49 24 Jun 08

Is it possible to have the Aero facility with a Vista Basic operating system. PC Spec:- AMD Phenom 9500 Quad core processor 2.20Ghz, 4.00Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS graphics card. If it is possible to run it how do I enable it?

ventanas 12:13 24 Jun 08

Sorry no.

click here

crosstrainer 15:09 24 Jun 08

A machine of that spec should never have been supplied with basic...It would be perfectly happy running Aero, but as ventanas has posted, you will need to upgrade.

ventanas 15:18 24 Jun 08

That's just what I thought. Why cut such a silly corner when the rest of the spec is quite something.

cagey 15:34 24 Jun 08

Thanks for replies, I don't mind paying to upgrade, but what else will be of benefit to me apart from Aero?

sunny staines 15:41 24 Jun 08

not sure on the price of upgrades but oem versions are very cheap, i used oem ultimate and it has dvd playback, hard disc backup, fax utility those three save buying 3rd party software, not sure if home premium has them too that will be cheaper.

crosstrainer 16:04 24 Jun 08

I agree with sunny staines, I have Ultimate on this machine and it does have some useful extra features. Probably the best way to go rather than just getting a home premium upgrade.

brundle 18:06 24 Jun 08

Comparison chart; click here
I have Ultimate too - nice to have all the features but can be hugely overpriced.

when i had ultimate, it had less running on it than basic, it depends what you want a high spec system for, the applications or the operating system, aero is great for about 20 minutes, but as i said it depends what you want a pc for.

sidecar sid 18:36 24 Jun 08

Absolutley no idea if this works,try at your own risk etc.

click here

cagey 21:23 24 Jun 08

sidecar sid-----Have tried this, followed the instructions carefully, but still can't get aero to appear. Has anyone else managed to get this to work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac