vista backup question

sunny staines 20:35 04 May 08

is the option to create an image of your computer in vista backup the same as a cloned backup using ghost or acronis?

if so this will save me getting ghost ver 14.

anskyber 22:55 04 May 08

Only if you have the ultimate version. If the Vista Home is your version, then no.

sunny staines 11:23 05 May 08

yes i have the ultimate version.

thnks

anskyber 11:43 05 May 08

This is what Microsoft say,

"While file restore is useful in cases of file loss and data corruption, Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore is most useful for disaster recovery when your PC malfunctions. This feature helps you create complete PC backups, and then in the event of a serious system issue or data loss, Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore can restore your entire PC environment, including the operating system, installed programs, user settings, and data files."

"Available in Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions"

anskyber 12:06 05 May 08

As a PS I have indicated that it will do a full back up including your OS which is like an Acronis Image for disaster recovery.

An image (which is what most people use for a backup) is not quite the same as a clone which tends to be used to install a new hard drive (usually larger). A clone alows for everything to transfer to a new drive and work just like the older (usually smaller) disc, if that makes sense.

sunny staines 12:56 05 May 08

excellent thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced