Vista 32 or 64 which is best

PO79 12:20 10 Jan 08

I have ordered a new PC which will be dual boot XP SP2 and either Vista 32 or 64, which is best and why. Your opinions welcomed. Thanks.

anskyber 15:07 10 Jan 08

This sums up the pros and cons quite neatly. At the moment I would be concerned about the extent of 64bit drivers and if they are signed. click here

PO79 17:09 10 Jan 08

Thanks for the link, it's 32 bit for me until 64 bit apps and driver support improves.

beebender 08:59 11 Jan 08

Ive been trying to ensure that I have the latest drivers and updates but keep being offered so called free downloads to scan for errors. the latest was from RegistrySmart which purports to be a Microsoft approved system. Is there a bona fide way of checking that I am up to date without risking some of the horrors that some of these programmes can cause ?

anskyber 09:24 11 Jan 08

I treat free scanners, other than those from very well known and recognised sites recommended on this site, as potentially dangerous.

I cannot recommend such a site myself, others may be able to offer you some which they know are safe. My advice is always to check the individual sites of your hardware for up to date drivers etc.

Vista in any event if you select recommended updates in the security center settings will include main drivers like video cards in the automatic updating it does for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017