visible IP details

conrail 21:23 PM 13 Dec 09

today I was on another forum about cars when one reply to a query had a lillte box in it which showed my ip address, my isp provider, my version of windows and my ie version, the last line says 'what is real? how do you define real?' moving the mouse over it, I was going down to the nect thread when this window popped up: click here
please advise me a) have I been got? and 2) does anybody know this site?
all help gratefully accepted.

Forum Editor 22:55 PM 13 Dec 09

Not really, every time you visit a website the server routinely records all that information in its log.

You were driven to the site in your link so that you might consider buying the software that is advertised there. Unless you have some compelling reason to hide your IP (and very few people do) you should just forget it.

conrail 08:37 AM 14 Dec 09

thanks Forum Editor, I mappreciate your help and advice, I have never come accross this before,I will just forget it

KaidzAccount 01:29 AM 18 Dec 09

Well, that was simply an advertisement to scare you into buying their product. Why buy theirs when you can hide your IP from all websites for FREE?

click here

I made a short tutorial on it :]
Hope I helped.

conrail 22:01 PM 19 Dec 09

thanks KaidzAccount, I appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know