Virgin don't work after installing w8

nemrutdagi 20:54 PM 30 Nov 12

Hi. I installed w8 2 hours ago. I just hate they messed with evething but that is not the problem. Aftyer that I haven't beeb able to connect to Virgin broadband. I have to use a donle because my pc has not a wireless adapter. After installation it looks the dongle don't work because not lights come out of it (always b4 there was a light). I talk to someone on the phone but couldn't resolve the problem. They are just going to send a new one. At the moment I'm using 3 mobile wich I cancelled in favour of Virgin wich is not really so good. The plan is up to 60 Mb but it never goes over 10 MB. Anyone has any idea what happens. Is it just the dongle?. Thanks

nemrutdagi 23:41 PM 30 Nov 12

Not luck with an answer but after4 hours of trying now I'm able to connect. The dongle is NETGEAR WNDA3200 but it looks this cia is interested in selling but not support. I went to their website and they don't have even included this dongle in their stock. I didn't see any support for downloading drivers. I found in the web a lot of complaints about this dongle not working properly and Virgin is not helping much as well. I let windows to get the driver update automatically and couldn't find any. Finally thx Device Manager and browsing in the PC I locate the driver and now is working. Also I was trying to watch my photos and W8 is messing with everything. I have to buy a book to start learning Windows from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know