virgin broadband disabled on start-up

Seth Haniel 12:47 PM 18 Nov 09

Windows 7 installed (on top of Vista home) - but everytime pc booted up now there is no Broadband connection - diag,. finds nothing -- going and disable and then enable connection gets it going - till next time its switched on.

so much for 24/7 connection!!!

User-1229748 13:22 PM 18 Nov 09

do you have the automatically detect settings checked in tools-internet options-connections-lan settings.what i have noticed with windows 7 if i turn router off and then back on again i have to launch internet explorer before a connection is reported in the notification icon.i'm with virgin national.

Seth Haniel 13:51 PM 18 Nov 09

will look tonight

Seth Haniel 19:37 PM 18 Nov 09

this is something to do with pc start - have to disable then enable to get connection ??

gazzaho 10:32 AM 19 Nov 09

Do you have a router connected? Does the Internet work when you bypass the router and plug directly into the modem?

I had a problem a few days after installing Windows 7, I don't know if one is related to the other or not but my router refused to work with the DHCP auto configure settings. I had to enable the Clone MAC address in order to get it working, something I never had to do before. I bought a new draft N router a few days later and again I couldn't get it to work unless MAC cloning was enabled so it's not related to the router itself. I'm wondering if Virgin Media has made any changes or if Windows 7 has changed the IP address of the computer. I do know that the IP address displayed in the router MAC entry field was different than the current one. Perhaps Windows 7 changed the IP address.

Seth Haniel 09:45 AM 04 Dec 09

after weeks of not connecting

so no answers really

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…