Video saved in XP won't play in Vista

radi8or 17:42 20 Aug 08

Hi all,

Friend at work has a new laptop with Vista Home Premium, he has some video footage he has saved on XP, on hard drive and on a pen drive, when he tries to view it on Vista all he gets is a single still.

Haven't any idea me, only just got Vista myself and don't have a video camera but would like to know what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Bob

sinbads 19:43 20 Aug 08

What format is the video? could need codec's click here

radi8or 20:01 20 Aug 08

sinbads,

Thanks for response, I don't know, to be honest I know nothing about camcorder video playback so didn,t go too deeply into it until I could get some info from here.

Should video saved in XP play ok in Vista with these codecs, he says they play no problem in XP.

Thanks again

Bob

sinbads 20:18 20 Aug 08

If your friend used windows media player for his video clips on XP, nd these video's will not play on vista then installing the codec's would probably enable them to play.

radi8or 20:26 20 Aug 08

ok thanks sinbads, i'll check with him tomorrow and give him your link see what happens.

Will let you know.

cheers Bob

radi8or 07:14 23 Aug 08

sinbads,

just to let you know your fix worked for my mate, he said I was a genius, so that puts you on the mastermind level ;0))

Thanks again, regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced