Vaio All in One + Windows 10

Aelwyd 19:09 21 Sep 15

Hi

I use a Sony Vaio All in One, Model VGC-JS1E which is probably about 6 years old and runs Windows 7 without any issues. I would love to upgrade to Windows 10. I understand Sony are advising users to hold back as there is a issue with Drivers. Can anyone advise whether I will be able to take advantage of the new O/S as I can't find anything relating to my model on the Vaio website? Thanks

Gordon Freeman 19:59 21 Sep 15

"I understand Sony are advising users to hold back as there is a issue with Drivers"...if this is their advice, then you'd be better off taking it and wait until they provide the right drivers.

If you choose to ignore their advice, and you install win 10, you run the risk of swapping a machine running win 7 (with no issues) for one which could have loads of issues.

You do have 1 full year to upgrade to win 10 for free from win 7, so don't quite get why you're in such a hurry. It's your choice, but personally I'd wait, especially as there are still issues with the win 10 release as far as I'm aware; just read the win 10 threads on this forum.

chub_tor 10:07 22 Sep 15

Please note that Sony will not be providing Windows 10 support for VAIO computers manufactured before 2011, which were sold with versions of Windows preceding Windows 7 Service Pack 1 as the pre-installed operating system.

This is from the Sony website Click Here

Aelwyd 10:17 22 Sep 15

Many thanks to you both - looks as if I will continue with Windows 7 until I buy a new PC in 2016.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…