Using IE9 - missing drop down menus

xania 05 Jan 12
Answered

I am struggling to come to terms with both Windows 7 and IE9. Call me a ludite, but I still prefer XP.. Never mind. More importantly, I do miss the drop down menues that were a feature of previous versions - where, in particular can I now manage my toolbars, ensure everything is locked etc. And finally, is it possible to convert the 'Tools' button into a toolbar?

difarn 05 Jan 12

You may find this article useful on IE9 features. Don't use it myself as I much prefer Firefox.

Stick with Windows 7 - it really is very good. Have a look at this article about toolbars.

If on the other hand you would prefer to have back some of the XP features, have a look at this article and the options it offers.

xania 05 Jan 12

I will certainly take a look at these, and I may even be taking up your comment on Firefox etc. Certainly I liked IE8 - even more certainly don't like IE9! I just wondering if I should go back!!

Zak 05 Jan 12

Try Chrome, I did and have not looked back.

Google Chrome

xania 12 Jan 12
Answer

It now appears that you get the drop down menus by pressing the key.

xania 12 Jan 12

difarn 12 Jan 12

Glad it's sorted.

xania 23 Feb 12

Sorry - that should be 'pressing the key

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message