Using IE9 - missing drop down menus

xania 17:47 PM 05 Jan 12

I am struggling to come to terms with both Windows 7 and IE9. Call me a ludite, but I still prefer XP.. Never mind. More importantly, I do miss the drop down menues that were a feature of previous versions - where, in particular can I now manage my toolbars, ensure everything is locked etc. And finally, is it possible to convert the 'Tools' button into a toolbar?

difarn 18:36 PM 05 Jan 12

You may find this article useful on IE9 features. Don't use it myself as I much prefer Firefox.

Stick with Windows 7 - it really is very good. Have a look at this article about toolbars.

If on the other hand you would prefer to have back some of the XP features, have a look at this article and the options it offers.

xania 19:11 PM 05 Jan 12

I will certainly take a look at these, and I may even be taking up your comment on Firefox etc. Certainly I liked IE8 - even more certainly don't like IE9! I just wondering if I should go back!!

Zak 19:17 PM 05 Jan 12

Try Chrome, I did and have not looked back.

Google Chrome

xania 19:16 PM 12 Jan 12

It now appears that you get the drop down menus by pressing the key.

xania 19:16 PM 12 Jan 12

difarn 22:56 PM 12 Jan 12

Glad it's sorted.

xania 13:38 PM 23 Feb 12

Sorry - that should be 'pressing the key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off