Using IE9 - missing drop down menus

xania 17:47 PM 05 Jan 12

I am struggling to come to terms with both Windows 7 and IE9. Call me a ludite, but I still prefer XP.. Never mind. More importantly, I do miss the drop down menues that were a feature of previous versions - where, in particular can I now manage my toolbars, ensure everything is locked etc. And finally, is it possible to convert the 'Tools' button into a toolbar?

difarn 18:36 PM 05 Jan 12

You may find this article useful on IE9 features. Don't use it myself as I much prefer Firefox.

Stick with Windows 7 - it really is very good. Have a look at this article about toolbars.

If on the other hand you would prefer to have back some of the XP features, have a look at this article and the options it offers.

xania 19:11 PM 05 Jan 12

I will certainly take a look at these, and I may even be taking up your comment on Firefox etc. Certainly I liked IE8 - even more certainly don't like IE9! I just wondering if I should go back!!

Zak 19:17 PM 05 Jan 12

Try Chrome, I did and have not looked back.

Google Chrome

xania 19:16 PM 12 Jan 12

It now appears that you get the drop down menus by pressing the key.

xania 19:16 PM 12 Jan 12

difarn 22:56 PM 12 Jan 12

Glad it's sorted.

xania 13:38 PM 23 Feb 12

Sorry - that should be 'pressing the key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know