USB 3.0 port not working whatsoever

cluelesstechnerd 22:25 03 Jan 15

So I've just got a new custom built PC, AMD based, and it has 5 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 3.0 port. Since it's custom built and AMD, there is very little help or programs that can help me. The only port that does not work whatsoever (doesn't even provide power) is my 3.0 port, and I would like to find out why as I have just purchased a Kingston USB 3.0 flash drive. I am fully fa.miliar with device manager and programs like that

rdave13 23:29 03 Jan 15

RMA it now. Don't try to do anything to repair the fault your self. Report the problem to your supplier.

beeuuem 04:38 04 Jan 15

Is the USB3 port showing in Device Manager? Expand USB Serial bus controllers. It should show Renasas Electronics USB3 host controller. Have the USB3 drivers been installed ? These are on the motherboard DVD.

HackedIT 58 12:47 05 Jan 15

If your USB3 port doesn't show up on your device manager then contact your supplier or if you are good with computers open up your PC case and check if the USB3 port wire is connected into your mother board socket.

I would not recommend opening up your PC case.

wee eddie 16:17 05 Jan 15

If it's new it should work. Fiddling may invalidate your warranty. Contact the supplier pdq

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac