upgrading from XP pro to windows 8 pro

Carryduff 25 May 13

I recently bought windows 8 pro for my laptop and as the box also contained a 32 bit version I thought it would be a good idea to up grade my desktop as well. When the disk boots up I get the normal wizard where it asks for the product key etc which is accepted but then message comes up to say that it can't go ahead as something has happened when it tries to check if system is suitable and to try setup again. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

rdave13 25 May 13

You can only install either the 32 or 64 bit once. You only get one licence key so if you have used the key on the laptop you can't install it on the desktop without uninstalling it from the laptop first.

Carryduff 25 May 13

Thanks rdave 13 did'nt know that

Forum Editor 27 May 13

Just to be very clear - you must choose either the 32bit or the 64bit version. You can't install both versions.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message