Upgrading Vista prem to Win 7 Prem

Migwell 19:38 20 Jan 10

How straight forward is it?

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi2515 Laptop computer. Which is using Vista Home premium. That I am going to attempt to upgrade with a Win 7 Upgrade version also Home Premium. can any one tell me if they think there will be any problems.

GaT7 20:33 20 Jan 10

Can't really foresee anything going wrong, but you know what computers are like! If there is a problem, the upgrade process might flag it up before it goes ahead with it.

Here's a step-by-step guide with screenshots click here.

Make sure to do a thorough backup of your data, emails, etc before carrying out the upgrade. G

JohnWilliams 21:07 20 Jan 10

Boot from the upgrade disc and choose "custom install" to do a clean install.
I did this 2 weeks ago no problem.
The procedure is straigthforward.

Migwell 01:01 21 Jan 10

Thanks crossbow7 and JohnWilliams, I was also thinking about puting a larger hard drive in the laptop at the same time. Any problems do you think. Can I still do this with an upgrade Win 7 disk as I don't have a Vista CD only what is on the 160 gig drive and hoping to put in a 320 gig drive.

thanks m

Migwell 01:06 23 Jan 10

All went fine better than I could have hoped for.
Including putting in the larger drive.

POINT 24 letters WOW!!!!

Thanks for the suport
Regards Migwell

Technocrate 07:53 15 Apr 10

1. Insert your Windows 7 DVD in the optical (CD/DVD) drive. Click Install Now option once you see the screen. If you have disabled autorun, open the root of the DVD drive (Windows 7 DVD) and run setup.exe file.
You can also use an USB stick to install/upgrade to Windows 7. Refer install windows 7 from USB guide to install/upgrade Windows 7 from USB guide.
2. Once you run the setup, you will see two options:
* Check compatibility online
* Install Now
Since you have already verified the system compatibility using Windows 7 upgrade advisor, you can safely click Install Now button.
3. In the next screen, you will see two options:
* Go online to get the latest update for installation
* Do not get the latest updates for installation
If you have the latest version of Windows 7, then you need not to check for updates. You can select Do not check for updates if you wish to check for updates post upgrade process.
4. Accept the license agreement (I accept the license agreement) and click Next to continue the procedure.
5. In the next screen again you will see two options:
* Upgrade
* Custom
Here you need to select Upgrade option to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Click Next.
6. Once again, Windows will check for the compatibility and will generate the report. If Windows finds any compatibility problems, it will display the problem and will save the report to the desktop. If no incompatibilities are found, Windows 7 Setup will proceed without further interaction

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…