dare012 23:38 PM 09 Dec 09

Hi
i have a laptop & desktop with windows 2000 on it
is windows7 a good upgrade or not never put XP or vista on them
as i never did like them and the pain in the a$$ they are
just after a work horse like 2000 is

thx

ambra4 01:45 AM 13 Dec 09

“I have a laptop & desktop with windows 2000 on it, is windows7 a good upgrade or not

Never put XP or Vista on them”

If you are happy with 2000 stay with it, Windows 7 is Vista with a facelift and some major

changes that make it more compatible with XP and Vista programs and more user friendly

Making the upgrade from 2000 to 7 would be a major upgrade for you as the layout and access to

difference areas of the OS can be a real pain

If you want try windows 7 I would suggest that you install it on a second hard drive on the

Desktop, which would you to change back to 2000 without to much hassle, by just rebooting the

computer and selecting the correct hard drive to boot from

Listed below is just a few sites that will help you to tweak Windows 7 to your liking

Windows 7 Forums.

click here

How-To Geek Windows 7

click here

Microsoft Windows 7 Help and Support

click here

Tweaks Windows 7

click here

ambra4 01:52 AM 13 Dec 09

Sorry “which would you to change” should read, “which would allow you to change”

The two hard drive system is what I have at the moment on my desktop which allow me to

choose which OS to boot from XP or Windows 7

dare012 13:39 PM 13 Dec 09

thx m8 after a long think about it the second drive is what i have come up with to

canarieslover 14:25 PM 13 Dec 09

If they both came with Windows 2000 on them it would suggest that perhaps they are a bit too old and restricted in specification to even run Windows 7. A bit more information on the hardware specs of both machines would make it much easier for meaningful advice to be offered.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED