Unwanted UniBlue. How to get rid.

geordiefred 12:25 PM 08 Feb 13

Three days ago I clicked on the UniBlue panel for a computer scan. I decided I did not want their service after it ran a scan. Now everytime I start up the laptop, the first thing to appear is the UniBlue panel and it takes a minute or so to get rid of it. I found it had installed itself in 'Programmes', but I removed it from there, but even so it still apppears on the desktop each time I start up. Suggestions please for its permanent removal.

geordiefred 18:26 PM 09 Feb 13

Jock1e, Thanks for your suggestion. Prior to trying your remedy it was suggested I try, " Revo Uninstaller." I downloaded that and have now removed UniBlue.

geordiefred 20:29 PM 22 Apr 13

A bit late in the day for this, but as I say in my last post, I got rid of it by using " Revo Uninstaller." I am well past retirement age, and a novice with computers (3 yrs experience) but Revo Uninstaller is very simple to use. I can only recommend it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued