unwanted audio interference through modem

sportagegirl 06 Feb 13

When I am using my laptop recently even if I am not actually using Google and just playing a game,I am picking up advertising or the news coming through my speakers.I have to turn the modem off to stop it happening.This can occur up to 10 times a day and is really annoying.I have never had this problem before and I would like to know what I can do to stop it.During the time I am writing this post I have had to turn the sound off my laptop because I am getting an advert come through for shampoo!!! Please help restore my sanity.

caccy 06 Feb 13

Does it happen with the modem disconnected from the telephone line?

jamieamunra 06 Feb 13

Do you get the Adverts only when you have a web page open or all the time?

wiz-king 06 Feb 13

I presume by modem you mean a broadband router. A change of channel may help if one of your neighbours is using a wireless sound system or run the modem lead through a ferrite ring a couple of times.

sportagegirl 06 Feb 13

Even when I have no web page open,as long as the router is on I get ads for Sky News or any old shite to be frank! Like I said as long as modem is on I keep getting background jargon.On silent speakers now as I am getting advert for BBC! AAAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message