Unsigned software

IClaudio 13:45 PM 24 Oct 09

The 64bit W7 won't install unsigned (unverified) software. What is your experience with this ... feature? I realise that it is for security reasons, but I've become used to just clicking 'continue anyway' and never had trouble.

I haven't taken much notice in the past, but it seems that the majority of blameless software is Unsigned, so do you 64bitters have to make do without a lot of of your favourite software?

Miké 11:00 AM 25 Oct 09

I have been trying various utilities out in W7 64bit and one of them had an option to allow unsigned drivers. I will post back when I have found it again!

Miké 11:31 AM 25 Oct 09

I used it while setting up a dual boot system, but tucked away in the advanced tab is an option to allow unsigned drivers.

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK :-)

IClaudio 09:07 AM 26 Oct 09

After Googling, I've found several hacks to get around this, but they seem to be a hammer to crack a nut, so I'll stick with 32bit for now...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…