unknown driver missing in new vista build

Fried~Chips 20:01 20 Apr 08

installed windows vista home basic on a Asus M2V Motherboard, NVidia 6200LE, AMD 64+ 3200 & all VGA, Audio, SATA, LAN, drivers and chipset seem to all install ok but one driver or component is showing with a yellow.

Going into the details for this is location is: on Via Standard PCI to ISA Bridge giving error the device is not configured correctly(code 1)

Can someone please tell me which or what i am missing to rectify this problem please.

anskyber 20:12 20 Apr 08

This explians it, (read slowly) click here the driver is not enabled by default but a solution and reason is found in the link.

Fried~Chips 20:20 20 Apr 08

Just read that link thanks, I take it its some sort of a Script file, thing is I do not know how to actually do it.

Could I disable anything in the BIOS? maybe or do you know how I could create and use this .ini file please.

I appreciate your help and thanks for calling in to my posting.

anskyber 20:31 20 Apr 08

It's a plug and play issue. Do you have any plug and play devices ( eg webcam or mouse) which do not work?

If not I would leave alone.

Fried~Chips 20:34 20 Apr 08

drivers, no webcam, Router is LAN would the Mouse & Keyboard be a problem. I will try it, I haven't opened the new Mouse & Keyboard yet as this machine is for my Dad so the machine is going in another room

anskyber 20:41 20 Apr 08

You could also try this click here click on "to manually update drivers" and follow through but I am not convinced it will work. You will need an internet service to do it that way.

Fried~Chips 20:50 20 Apr 08

I will put the machine on the internet and run windows updates then the link you suggested. Thanks for your help. I will post back when I have done this in a hour ish.

Fried~Chips 10:09 21 Apr 08

The windows updates seems to have put something in to sort it.

Thanks again !

amc2 18:01 04 May 08

As you have an Asus motherboard the missing driver is the ATK0110 ACPI Utility Driver as i have a Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and this driver is missing during the build process but as you have found it is corrected when you install the Vista Updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…