Uninstalling Samsung Recovery Solution 5

Sandyums 10:59 AM 27 Oct 12

I'm just upgrading to Windows 8 and I've had to uninstall Samsung Recovery Solution 5 beause it's not compatible. What can I have in its place?

Forum Editor 16:00 PM 27 Oct 12

It's interesting, because as far as I'm aware Samsung is selling new Windows8 laptops with Samsung recovery solution installed, although the latest version is version 5.

Take a look at this and compare the version 5 build number with yours.

uri18 17:38 PM 27 Oct 12

I also have the same probleme. But it also wants me to uninstall Easy display manager, Intel(r)proset/wireless wifi software, and samsung support center.

Sandyums 17:46 PM 27 Oct 12

Mine asked me to uninstall those as well, but I didn't have a problem with that. How much do I need Samsung Recovery Solution?

uri18 17:52 PM 27 Oct 12

Sandy, so you uninstall all those others and your computer still runs smoothly? or you update it them?

djfreebs 17:13 PM 29 Oct 12

I had to uninstall the wireless pro, and I don't know what to do for wireless now?

Forum Editor 17:58 PM 29 Oct 12

"How much do I need Samsung Recovery Solution?"

The answer to that is probably 'not at all' if your machine is running well. I'm not familiar with the Samsung software, but I imagine that what you would be recovering is the factory install of whichever operating system was on the machine when you bought it.

Quickbeam 18:22 PM 29 Oct 12

Samsung Recovery Solution 3 on my XP netbook also makes drive image backups, I just did one last week. So I assume that V5 will too, but on W7 onwards, Windows can do that OK beyond the original factory setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week