Uninstalling Norton

hiwatt 16:41 18 May 07

Hi folks,my girlfriends computer came installed with Norton security centre for 90 days.The hardrive had 126gb free of 141gb,now after only installing Norton updates there's 121gb free.That's 5gb in about 2 weeks of Norton updates.That's a lot of space.Would I be just as well off uninstalling Norton all together and installing avg free?Any advice much appreciated.

avg is just over 20 mb, so you would gain a lot, you have antispyware, rootkit detection, patental controls, phishing filter and spam filtering with norton, so i guess you need to decide if you need all the above.

and firewall of course.

Jimmy14 17:44 18 May 07

I have Norton installed on a Vista laptop and it doesn't even take up 100mb. Are you sure there isn't any other large files taking up the space?

hiwatt 18:04 18 May 07

It's a brand new computer and there is a lot of stuff on it but the only thing that's been downloaded since the 5 gig's "vanished" is the norton updates.

hiwatt 18:46 18 May 07

Folks,is there a way I can see how much hardrive space each program uses?Thanks.

If you go to the Symantec web site there is a removal tool.Link below.

click here

engsurv 12:01 31 May 07

How much hardware space for each program ?

What operating system are you using ?
In Vista, if you click on Start/Control Panel/Programs/ then Uninstall or Change a progam.....then you get a screen that shows each program size. BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING ON THIS SCREEN OR YOU WILL UINSTALL IT !!

SteveWH 12:39 31 May 07

Perhaps this thread might help:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…